To assist the poultry industry in preparing for potential future exposure to high pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI), an "Avian Influenza Outbreak ... Lessons Learned" Conference has been scheduled for July 28-29, at the Des Moines Marriott Downtown in Des Moines, Iowa. Registration for the conference is free to qualified stakeholders of the poultry industry. In order to facilitate open, frank discussion, the conference will be closed to media. To maximize broad industry participation, the number of registrations will be limited per company or organization.
The conference agenda was developed through the collaboration of the National Chicken Council, National Turkey Federation, United Egg Producers, USA Poultry & Egg Export Council, U.S. Department of Agriculture and U.S. Poultry & Egg Assn.
The conference will address the following topics.
* H5N2 Outbreak: Where Are We ... Where Are We Going?
* HPAI Epidemiological Investigations: Biosecurity’s Role in Disease Prevention
* Industry Biosecurity Challenges
* Accountability for Biosecurity
* Indemnity Process and Procedures
* Communication: Effective Customer Communications, State Agencies and Federal Agency Stakeholder Communication
* Producer Panel: Lessons Learned
* Research Update Panel: Vaccination, Epidemiology of the Virus and Disease Transmission
* Biosecurity for Feed
* After the Outbreak: Disposal and Depopulation Methods, Cleaning and Disinfecting and Re-Population
* Gaps and Opportunities — Open Discussion
* Actions Items for the Fall Season
* Impact on Trade: Implication of Response Activities on Trade, Interstate Poultry Movement and International
To register to attend the conference, click here.