Hampel Animal Care introduced Calf-Tel ECS, an enhanced calf housing system that provides protection for dairy calves in the worst weather conditions, from blizzards to heat waves.
“In addition to providing superior protection from the elements, the Calf-Tel ECS was developed to improve calf health and give calf and heifer raisers a preferable solution to wood calf housing — traditionally seen in the West,” Brian Wesemann, director of sales with Calf-Tel, said.
Features of the Calf-Tel ECS include:
* Made entirely from plastic for increased durability, minimal maintenance and easy cleaning and disinfecting;
* Versatile sliding roof panel protects calves and feed from the elements and offers shade;
* Back vents to adjust ventilation based on weather conditions;
* Hinged front door for easy calf loading and access;
* Calves separated for increased biosecurity;
* Fits inside a standard 8 ft. x 5 ft. wood base and provides more room for the calf;
* Hutch and roof designed to channel rain off to the side, keeping the pen area drier, and
* Auto chute bottle holder loads right the first time.