Conagra Brands Inc. said it is ramping up its food innovation by launching dozens of new products across the four domains in which its iconic and emerging brands compete: frozen and refrigerated meals, snacks and sweet treats, condiments and enhancers and shelf-stable meals and sides.
"Conagra Brands has been reinventing frozen meals to drive growth since 2015, and our efforts are fueling the entire category," said Darren Serrao, executive vice president and co-chief operating officer for Conagra Brands. "We see continued growth ahead for frozen meals and are taking advantage of this opportunity by offering consumers the flavors, modern health attributes and convenience they demand."
Tom McGough, Conagra Brands executive vice president and co-COO, said the company has a $2 billion portfolio in snacking, the fastest-growing occasion in food. "We also have a sizable grocery portfolio, which includes a $1 billion presence in condiments and sauces. Our slate of innovation in these areas will provide people with contemporary options that are supported by strong consumer trends."
The robust lineup of food will roll out throughout 2019 and during the front half of 2020, with the first wave of innovations hitting the market now. The following are some of the company's product highlights:
- Banquet Mega Sandwiches deliver hearty protein and bold flavors with the ease and convenience of a handheld sandwich. They are available in four flavors, including pepperoni stuffed pizza, meatballs and mozzarella, steak and cheddar and smoky BBQ seasoned pork.
- Bertolli Modern Italian Pasta Skillets bring bright, bold, Italian flavors to the freezer aisle with seven new varieties of premium al dente and stuffed pastas, including gnocchi pesto, butternut squash ravioli and black pepper fettuccine.
- Egg Beaters Whole Eggs provide a quick, easy, mess-free alternative to their shell-on counterpart and are great for egg-based dishes and a variety of other recipes that call for eggs.
- Healthy Choice Grain Free Power Bowls riced cauliflower is paired with nutrient-dense leafy greens, bright vegetables, lean proteins and global inspired sauces for a delicious bowl in four new flavors that include spicy beef teriyaki, basil pesto chicken, spicy black bean and chicken and chicken marinara.
- The Reddi-wip Barista Series gives consumers a coffee house experience any time of day with two new items: Reddi-wip Nitro Creamer can be used in place of a traditional creamer and infuses layers of texture and flavor into coffee, while Reddi-wip Sweet Foam can be used alongside Nitro Creamer or other coffee creams to add a slightly sweet, smooth layer of velvety, frothed foam at the top of the coffee.