Archer Daniels Midland Co. (ADM) on Nov. 19 opened its latest livestock feed plant, located in Hoa Mac, Ha Nam province, Vietnam.
The new facility joins a growing list of investments ADM has made in Vietnam and marks its fifth plant dedicated to animal nutrition in the country.
“We are very proud of our new facility in Hoa Mac, which will allow us to better serve our customers as we continue to improve our operations,” said Matthieu Garnier, ADM operations vice president for Animal Nutrition.
The new facility is strategically located near northern Vietnam’s key farming region and close to port facilities, ADM said. Built on 4.6 hectares of land, the new plant includes a production area, three warehouses for storing raw materials and finished goods, offices and a loadout bay with ample space for customer trucks. The plant will produce feed mainly for swine but also for poultry and rabbits.
ADM said the plant offers industry-leading technology, including:
- Modern pneumatic transfer of raw materials to avoid cross-contamination and handling of bags;
- Full automatic control;
- A biomass boiler to provide a renewable energy source;
- An automated micro-dosing system to ensure accurate nutrient content in products, and
- An automatic bagging line and palletizing robot to maintain the highest quality and traceability standards.
“The livestock market in Asia is growing rapidly, particularly in Vietnam, where the export of livestock and aquaculture products provides plenty of opportunities,” ADM Animal Nutrition president Pierre Duprat said. “With 25 years of experience in the country, our latest animal feed plant in Hoa Mac allows us to further strengthen our industrial and commercial coverage in the key Vietnamese feed market and continue to grow.”
Over the past five years, ADM said it has significantly increased its animal nutrition capabilities with a series of expansions and investments, including:
- Acquiring Neovia, a leader in value-added products and solutions for both production and companion animals worldwide.
- Building and renovating three specialty animal nutrition plants in China and four in the U.S.
- Acquiring pet treat manufacturer Crosswind Industries.
- Expanding pet food ingredient manufacturing capabilities in North America.
- Purchasing Protexin, a leading provider of probiotic supplements for a variety of animal markets, including aquaculture, equines, livestock and companion animals, as well as human wellness products.
ADM is a global leader in animal nutrition, providing amino acids, additives, ingredients, tailor-made premix formulations and complete feed for the production animal, aquaculture and companion animal markets. With more than 110 production facilities around the world and leading research and development capabilities, ADM Animal Nutrition provides innovative, individualized solutions to support customer growth and optimize value creation and differentiation while reinforcing food safety and animal health and wellness.