The U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance (USFRA) will convene a panel of farmers, ranchers, nutritionists and food pundits for a discussion on food production, nutrition and making healthy food choices this morning from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. EST at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Va. It will be part of the USDA Agricultural Outlook Forum.
Carolyn O'Neil, the author of "Slim Down South Cookbook" and a nutrition advisor to www.BestFoodFacts.org , will moderate the discussion "Nutrition: Who is shaping America's eating habits?" Panelists include:
• Dr. Roger Clemens, Chief Scientific Officer, Horn and Adjunct Professor of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences, USC School of Pharmacy, Los Angeles, Calif.
• Dennis Derryck, President and Founder, Corbin Hill Farms, New York, NY
• Bob Haselwood, Farmer, Haselwood Farms, Berryton, Kan.
• Dr. Craig Rowles, Partner and General Manager, Elite Pork Partnership, LLP, Carroll, Iowa
• Barbara Ruhs, MS, RD, LDN, Supermarket Health & Nutrition Expert, Phoenix, Ariz.
• Dr. Janey Thornton, Deputy Under Secretary for Food, Nutrition and Consumer, USDA, Washington, D.C.
To watch today's panel discussion visit www.FoodDialogues.com. To participate in the discussion, follow USFRA on Twitter @USFRA and use #FoodD or on its Facebook page, www.facebook.com/USFarmersandRanchers.
USFRA is a group of farmer- and rancher-led organizations and agricultural partners leading a movement to answer questions about how food is grown and raised. USFRA provides resources and tools to navigate today's food issues landscape with a broader goal of building trust in American agriculture.