U.K. votes to exit EU

Investors exited riskier assets following U.K.'s vote.

The immediate shocks on the financial markets from the U.K.’s June 23 vote to leave the European Union have already been substantial, according to Ilaria Maselli, senior economist for The Conference Board of Europe. British citizens voted 52% in favor of leaving the EU (called" Brexit"), and 48% voted to remain in the EU.

U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron announced his resignation as a result of the vote.

“Global negative reaction has roiled exchange rates, sending the (Brit

All access premium subscription

This content requires a subscription to Feedstuffs in order to access. If you are a paid subscriber, use your email and password to Log In now.

Current Feedstuffs Subscribers: Online and mobile access are now included at no charge to you. To read this article, use your subscriber email and password to log-in to your account (or contact us for assistance in updating your account.)

Not Currently a Subscriber: Subscribe NOW to Feedstuffs and receive our print and/or digital publications, enewsletters and premium online content. Visit Feedstuffs.com and click on Subscribe at the top of the page for more information.

SUBSCRIBE NOW https://circulation.feedstuffs.com/Publications.aspx

TO RENEW YOUR SUBSCRIPTION https://circulation.feedstuffs.com/SubscriptionOffers.aspx

Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.