The American Feed Industry Assn. (AFIA), the National Grain and Feed Assn. (NGFA) and Feedstuffs will host a free webinar from 2-5 p.m. EST on Dec. 11, which will address current good manufacturing practice (CGMP) and hazard analysis and risk-based preventive controls for food for animals.
Registration for the webinar, titled “Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) – What You Need to Know Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals” is available online. There is no cost to register for this webinar.
The webinar will cover information published in the Federal Register Oct. 29. The release marks the latest set of proposed rules issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to implement FSMA.
“The proposed preventive control rule for animal feed and pet food is another important step in FDA’s ongoing implementation of FSMA,” said David Fairfield, NGFA vice president of feed services. “This webinar will help those impacted gain a better understanding of the proposed requirements.”
Key questions that will be answered during the webinar include:
• When will the rule be effective?
• How are different sized companies impacted?
• What CGMP are proposed; who needs to comply?
• What needs to be in my written hazard identification and preventive controls plan?
• How do I develop preventive controls for the facility?
Richard Sellers, AFIA senior vice president of legislative and regulatory affairs, said, “These rules will have a major impact on our members. In the webinar we will help attendees create a plan to implement the preventive control rules.”
Featured speakers are:
• Richard Sellers, senior vice president, legislative and regulatory affairs, AFIA;
• David Fairfield, vice president, feed services, NGFA;
• Dr. Daniel G. McChesney, director of the Office of Surveillance and Compliance, FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine.