Recently, the Trump Administration redefined who is considered a "criminal alien," greatly expanding the number of undocumented individuals targeted for removal. Criminality now includes:
- Illicitly crossing the border;
- Those who committed acts that constitute a chargeable criminal offense, and
- Fraud or willful misrepresentation in connection with any matter of application before a governmental agency, including use of a fake Social Security number.
The American Dairy Coalition (ADC) will be hosting a webinar this Friday, Feb. 17, titled, “Dairy Industry in Panic: Getting prepared for an ICE visit.” The webinar will be held at 10 a.m. (CST)/11 a.m. (EST)/9 a.m. (MT). To register, visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7298888419360500994
Joining ADC will be Kelly Fortier, an industry leading immigration attorney, who will address the topics of:
- Best practices for work-site raids;
- How to correctly prepare and make corrections for I-9 record audits and penalties;
- How President Donald Trump’s executive actions may increase deportations on dairy operations, and
- What employers' legal rights are.
Fortier helps employers of all sizes meet their staffing needs by handling the immigration issues they face in hiring foreign nationals and moving employees around the globe.
A partner in the firm’s Labor & Employment Relations practice group and co-chair of the Immigration & International Migration team, she handles compliance issues for corporations that transfer dozens of employees into and out of the U.S. each year, as well as small companies seeking to bring in a few key hires from abroad.
Fortier is highly valued by her clients for making the process of hiring foreign nationals easier and more predictable. She also provides her clients with guidance on immigration law compliance, including Form I-9, E-Verify and Social Security number issues.
Coalition members are encouraged to contact ADC if their dairy operation has experienced an ICE raid and if they are in need of emergency workers. ADC can be reached at (920) 965-6070 or [email protected]
ADC is the only national organization focused solely on advocating to advance the growth and success of progressive producers and agricultural companies. In the past year, ADC has grown to represent more than 30,000 dairy producers through memberships as well as national and state dairy associations.